What is the state minimum wage?
- $7.25/hour (equals federal minimum wage)
What do I need to know about state withholding tax?
- Income earned within Alabama is subject to withholding tax for both residents and non-residents
- Income earned by Alabama residents outside of Alabama is subject to that jurisdiction’s withholding tax (if applicable); if no withholding tax exists in that jurisdiction the income is subject to AL withholding
- New employers are required to register for a withholding account. Click here to register.
What forms do employees need to set up state withholding?
- A-4 – Employee’s withholding tax exemption certificate
- A4-MS – Nonresident Military Spouse Withholding Exemption Certificate
What do I need to know about unemployment tax?
- 2022 Taxable Wage Base – 8,000
- 2022 New Employer UI Rate – 2.7%
- With few exceptions, new employers are required to register for an unemployment tax account. Click here to register online.
- To register by mail, complete form and send to:Department of Labor
Unemployment Compensation Division
649 Monroe Street
Montgomery, Alabama 36131
How do I report new hires to the state?
- Report new hires online
- Alabama Department of Labor
649 Monroe St., Room 3205
Montgomery, AL 36131-0378
- Fax: (334) 206-6020
- Phone: (334) 206-6020
- Email: email@example.com
How do I submit Child Support payments?
Get A Quote For Alabama Payroll Services