What is the state minimum wage?
- $5.00/hour tipped employees
What do I need to know about state withholding tax?
- Income earned within the District of Columbia is subject to withholding tax for both residents and non-residents
- District of Columbia has a reciprocal agreement with Maryland – DC residents are exempt from taxation on wages, salary and other compensation for personal services rendered in Maryland.
- New employers are required to register for a withholding account. Click here to register.
What forms do employees need to set up state withholding?
- D-4 – Employee Withholding Allowance Certificate
What do I need to know about unemployment tax?
- 2020 Taxable Wage Base – 9,000
- 2020 New Employer UI Rate – 2.7%
- With few exceptions, new employers are required to register for an unemployment tax account. Click here to register.
How do I report new hires to the state?
- Report new hires online
- Mail or Fax the New Hire Reporting Form
- District of Columbia
Directory of New Hires
PO Box 457
Norwell, MA, 02061
- Phone: (877) 846-9523 Ext. 300
- Fax: (877) 892-6388
How do I submit Child Support payments?
- Remit payments online
- Child Support Services Division
One Judiciary Square
441 4th Street, NW, N550
Washington, DC 20001
- Phone: (202) 442-9900
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Get A Quote For District of Columbia Payroll Services