What is the state minimum wage?
- $7.25/hour (equals federal minimum wage)
What do I need to know about state withholding tax?
- An employer must withhold Kansas tax if the employee is a resident of Kansas, performing services inside or outside of Kansas, or a nonresident of Kansas, performing services in Kansas.
- New employers are required to register for a withholding account. Click here to register online.
What forms do employees need to set up state withholding?
- Form K-4 – Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate
What do I need to know about unemployment tax?
- 2021 Taxable Wage Base – 14,000
- 2021 New Employer UI Rate – 2.7%
- With few exceptions, new employers are required to register for an unemployment tax account. Click here to register.
How do I report new hires to the state?
- Register and report new hires online (preferred method)
- Report with the paper form
- Kansas New Hire Directory
P.O. Box 3510
Topeka, KS 66601-3510
- Phone (888) 219-7801
- Fax (888) 219-7798
How do I submit Child Support payments?
- Remit payments online
- Mail Check to:
Kansas Payment Center
P.O. Box 758599
Topeka, KS 66675-8599
Phone: (877) 729-6367
Get A Quote For Kansas Payroll Services