What is the state minimum wage?
- $7.25/hour (Louisiana does not have a state-mandated minimum wage, therefore it follows the Federal minimum wage standard)
What do I need to know about state withholding tax?
- All income earned within the state of Louisiana by Louisiana residents and non-residents is subject to Louisiana withholding tax.
- Louisiana residents are subject to Louisiana income tax for income earned in other states if those states do not have state income tax.
- New employers are required to register for a withholding account. Click here to register online.
What forms do employees need to set up state withholding?
- Form L-1 – Employee Withholding Exemption Certificate
What do I need to know about unemployment tax?
- 2020 Taxable Wage Base – 7,700
- 2020 New Employer UI Rate – Industry Rated
- With few exceptions, new employers are required to register for an unemployment tax account. Click here to register.
How do I report new hires to the state?
- Report new hires online
- Mail or fax your non-electronic new hire form to:
- Louisiana Directory of New Hires
PO Box 142513
Austin, TX 78714-2513
- Fax: (888) 223-1462
- Phone: (888) 223-1461
How do I submit Child Support payments?
- Register and remit payments online
- Mail payments to:
Department of Children & Family Services
Centralized Collection Unit
P.O. Box 260222
Baton Rouge, LA 70826-0222
- Phone: (888) 524-3578
- Email: LAHelpU.firstname.lastname@example.org
Get A Quote For Louisiana Payroll Services