What is the state minimum wage?
- Tipped employee wage requirements can be found here
What do I need to know about state withholding tax?
- Income earned within Maine is subject to withholding tax for both residents and non-residents.
- Income earned by Maine residents outside of Maine is subject to Maine withholding.
- New employers are required to register for a withholding account. Click here to register.
What forms do employees need to set up state withholding?
- Form W-4 ME – Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate
What do I need to know about unemployment tax?
- 2021 Taxable Wage Base – 12,000
- 2021 New Employer UI Rate – 2.31%
- With few exceptions, new employers are required to register for an unemployment tax account. Click here to register.
How do I report new hires to the state?
- Report new hires online
Division of Support Enforcement and Recovery
New Hire Reporting Program
11 State House Station
19 Union Street
Augusta, ME 04333-0011
- Fax: (207) 287-6882
- Phone: (207) 287-3707
How do I submit Child Support payments?
- Remit payments online
P.O. Box 1098
Augusta, ME 04332
- Phone: (800) 403-0879
Get A Quote For Maine Payroll Services