What is the state minimum wage?
What do I need to know about state withholding tax?
- Do not withhold Michigan tax on income earned in Michigan by non-residents if they are a resident of a reciprocal state (i.e., Wisconsin, Indiana, Kentucky, Illinois, Ohio, or Minnesota).
- Income earned by all other residents and non-residents in Michigan is subject to Michigan withholding.
What forms do employees need to set up state withholding?
- MI-W4 – Employee’s Michigan Withholding Exemption Certificate
What do I need to know about unemployment tax?
- 2022 Taxable Wage Base – $9,500
- (If the Michigan Unemployment Trust Fund balance falls or is projected to fall below $2.5 billion dollars, the taxable wage base limit will increase to $9,500. This adjustment will be made automatically in the state tax reporting system, but will need to be updated in software used by Employer / 3rd party filer)
- 2022 New Employer UI Rate – 2.7%
- With few exceptions, new employers are required to register for an unemployment tax account. Click here to register.
How do I report new hires to the state?
- Report new hires online
- Michigan New Hire Operations Center
PO Box 85010
Lansing, MI 48908-5010
- Fax: (877) 318-1659
- Phone: (800) 524-9846
How do I submit Child Support payments?
- Remit payments online
Michigan State Disbursement Unit
Office of Child Support
P.O. Box 30350
Lansing, Michigan 48909-7850
- Phone: (866) 540-0008
Get A Quote For Michigan Payroll Services