What is the state minimum wage?
- $10.08/hour – Large employers – (employer’s annual gross revenues are $500,000 or more)
- $8.21/hour – Small employers – (employer’s annual gross revenues are less than $500,000)
What do I need to know about state withholding tax?
- Minnesota has a reciprocity agreement with Michigan and North Dakota
- All income earned by Minnesota residents and non-residents is subject to Minnesota withholding tax (unless a resident of Michigan or North Dakota)
- New employers are required to register for a withholding account. Click here to register online.
What forms do employees need to set up state withholding?
- W-4MN – Minnesota Employee Withholding Allowance/Exemption Certificate
What do I need to know about unemployment tax?
- 2021 Taxable Wage Base – 35,000
- 2021 New Employer UI Rate – Industry Rated
- With few exceptions, new employers are required to register for an unemployment tax account. Click here to register.
How do I report new hires to the state?
- Register and report new hires online OR
- Fax or mail in the Minnesota New Hire Reporting Form to:
Minnesota New Hire Reporting Center
P.O. Box 64212
St. Paul, MN 55164-0212
- Fax: (800) 692-4473
- Phone: (800) 672-4473
How do I report Child Support payments?
- Remit payments online
- Mail payments to:
- Minnesota Child Support Payment Center
P.O. Box 64326
St. Paul, MN 55164-0326
- Phone: (651) 431-4400
Get A Quote For Minnesota Payroll Services