What is the state minimum wage?
- $7.25/hour – Mississippi does not have a state minimum wage requirement, therefore it follows the federal minimum wage guidelines.
What do I need to know about state withholding tax?
- Mississippi law requires withholding of state income taxes from the wages of residents and non-residents. Residents are subject to the tax for services performed both within and outside of Mississippi
- New employers are required to register for a withholding account. Click here to register online.
What forms do employees need to set up state withholding?
What do I need to know about unemployment tax?
- 2021 Taxable Wage Base – 14,000
- 2021 New Employer UI Rate – 1.0%
- With few exceptions, new employers are required to register for an unemployment tax account. Click here to register.
How do I report new hires to the state?
- Report new hires online
- Mail form to:
Mississippi Department of Employment Security
1911 Arcadia Street
Hattiesburg, MS 39401
- Phone: (601) 359-4500
How do I submit Child Support payments?
- Remit payments online
- Mail Payment to:
P.O. Box 23094
Jackson, MS 39225
- Phone: (877) 882-4916
Get A Quote For Mississippi Payroll Services