What is the state minimum wage?
What do I need to know about state withholding tax?
- Resident employees working in multiple states – the amount of New Jersey Income Tax you withhold should be reduced by the amount of Income Tax you withhold for other states, their political subdivisions, or the District of Columbia.
- Income earned within New Jersey is subject to tax withholding for both residents and non-residents
- Do not withhold taxes on wages if an employee has given you Form NJ-W4 stating they are exempt from New Jersey Income Tax withholdings for the year
- New employers are required to register for a withholding account. Click here to register online or click here to register by paper form.
What forms do employees need to set up state withholding?
- NJ-W4 – Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate
- NJ-165 – Employee’s Certificate of Non-residence In New Jersey
What do I need to know about unemployment tax?
- 2020 Taxable Wage Base – 35,300
- 2020 New Employer UI Rate – 2.8%
- With few exceptions, new employers are required to register for an unemployment tax account. Click here to register.
How do I report new hires to the state?
- Report new hires online
- Mail in a paper form
New Jersey Child Support
Employer Services Center
PO Box 4654
Trenton, NJ 08650‐4901
- Fax: (800) 304‐4901
- Phone: (609) 631‐0330
How do I submit Child Support payments?
- Remit payments online
- NJ Family Support
P.O. Box 4880
Trenton, NJ 08650
- Phone: (877) 655-4371
- Find your county and additional information here
Get A Quote For New Jersey Payroll Services