What is the state minimum wage?
What do I need to know about state withholding tax?
- Residents of North Dakota are subject to North Dakota withholding on all wages, whether earned in North Dakota or in another state. (Exception: North Dakota withholding is not required if the other state in which the employee works, requires the employer to withhold income for that state).
- A nonresident employee is subject to North Dakota withholding tax on any part of the income earned for services performed in North Dakota.
- New employers are required to register for a withholding account. Click here to register online.
What forms do employees need to set up state withholding?
- N/A – no state-specific withholding form
What do I need to know about unemployment tax?
- 2020 Taxable Wage Base – 37,900
- 2020 New Employer UI Rate – 1.02%
- With few exceptions, new employers are required to register for an unemployment tax account. Click here to register.
How do I report new hires to the state?
- Report new hires online
- Mail new hire reporting form to:
- North Dakota Department of Human Services
PO Box 7369
Bismarck, ND 58507-7369
- Fax: (701) 328-5497
- Phone: (701) 328-3582
How do I submit Child Support payments?
- Register and remit payments online
State Disbursement Unit (SDU)
PO Box 7280
Bismarck, ND 58507-7280
- Fax: (701) 328-5425
- Phone: (701) 328-5440
- Email: email@example.com
Get A Quote For North Dakota Payroll Services