What is the state minimum wage?
- $7.25/hour – Pennsylvania does not have a state-mandated minimum wage requirement, therefore it follows the federal minimum wage requirement.
What do I need to know about state withholding tax?
- Pennsylvania has a reciprocity agreement with the following states:
- Indiana, Maryland, New Jersey, Ohio, Virginia, and West Virginia
- All income earned within Pennsylvania by residents and non-residents, unless the reciprocal agreement applies, is subject to Pennsylvania withholding tax.
- New employers are required to register for a withholding account. Click here to register online.
What forms do employees need to set up state withholding?
- Form W-4 – Pennsylvania does not have a separate state wage withholding form
- REV-419 – Employee’s Non-withholding Application Certificate
What do I need to know about unemployment tax?
- 2020 Taxable Wage Base – 10,000
- 2020 New Employer UI Rate – 3.6890%
- With few exceptions, new employers are required to register for an unemployment tax account. Click here to register.
How do I report new hires to the state?
- Register and report new hires online
- Fax or mail form to:
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
New Hire Reporting Program
P.O. Box 69400
Harrisburg, PA 17106-9400
- Fax: (866) 748-4473
- Phone: (888) 724-4737
- Email: RA-LI-CWDS-NewHire@pa.gov
How do I submit Child Support payments?
- Register and remit payments online
- Mail payments to:
- PA SCDU
P.O. Box 69112
Harrisburg, PA 17106-9112
- Phone: (877) 676-9580
Get A Quote For Pennsylvania Payroll Services