What is the state minimum wage?
What do I need to know about state withholding tax?
- All income earned in Rhode Island by residents and non-residents is subject to Rhode Island withholding
- Income earned out of state by residents of Rhode Island, is subject to Rhode Island withholding
- New employers are required to register for a withholding account. Click here to register online.
What forms do employees need to set up state withholding?
- RI W-4 – State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate
What do I need to know about unemployment tax?
- 2020 Taxable Wage Base – 24,000
- 2020 New Employer UI Rate – 1.06%
- With few exceptions, new employers are required to register for an unemployment tax account. Click here to register.
How do I report new hires to the state?
- Report new hires online
- Mail or Fax the form to:
- Rhode Island New Hire Reporting Directory
P.O. Box 485
Norwell MA 02061
- Fax: (888) 430-6907
- Phone: (888) 870-6461
How do I submit Child Support payments?
- Remit payments online
- Rhode Island Family Court
c/o RI Child Support Payment Service Unit
P.O. Box 5073
Hartford, Connecticut 06102-5073
- Fax: Fax: (401) 458-4465
- Phone: (401) 458-4400
Get A Quote For Rhode Island Payroll Services