What is the state minimum wage?
- $7.25/hour (equals federal minimum wage)
- $2.13 /hour (tipped employees)
What do I need to know about state withholding tax?
- Income earned within Utah is subject to withholding tax for both residents and non-residents
- Income earned for work done outside of Utah is subject to withholding tax. (You may reduce the Utah tax by any tax withheld by another state).
- New employers are required to register for a withholding account. Click here to register.
What forms do employees need to set up state withholding?
- N/A – Utah does not have a state-specific withholding form
What do I need to know about unemployment tax?
- 2022 Taxable Wage Base – $41,600
- 2022 New Employer UI Rate – Industry rated
- With few exceptions, new employers are required to register for an unemployment tax account. Click here to register.
How do I report new hires to the state?
- Report new hires online
- Mail or Fax New Hire Reporting Form
Utah New Hire Registry
140 E 300 S
P.O. Box 45247
Salt Lake City, UT 84145-0247
- Fax: (801) 526-4391
- Phone: (801) 526-9235
How do I submit Child Support payments?
- Remit payments online
ORS Child Support Services
P.O. Box 45011
Salt Lake City, Utah 84145-0011
- Fax: (801) 536-8636
- Phone: (801) 536-8500
- Email: email@example.com
Get A Quote For Utah Payroll Services