What is the state minimum wage?
- $7.25/hour – Utah does not have a state-specific minimum wage, and adopts the current Federal Minimum Wage by reference.
- $4.25/hour (training minimum wage) – Utah allows a training minimum wage to be paid to minor employees for their first 90 days of employment.
- Utah allows a special tipped minimum wage to be paid to any tipped employees earning over $30 a month in tips, with the exception of chefs, janitors, and dishwashers.
What do I need to know about state withholding tax?
- Income earned within Utah is subject to withholding tax for both residents and non-residents
- Income earned for work done outside of Utah is subject to withholding tax. (You may reduce the Utah tax by any tax withheld by another state).
- New employers are required to register for a withholding account. Click here to register.
What forms do employees need to set up state withholding?
- N/A – Utah does not have a state-specific withholding form
What do I need to know about unemployment tax?
- 2020 Taxable Wage Base – 36,600
- 2020 New Employer UI Rate – Industry rated
- With few exceptions, new employers are required to register for an unemployment tax account. Click here to register.
How do I report new hires to the state?
- Report new hires online
- Mail or Fax New Hire Reporting Form
Utah New Hire Registry
140 E 300 S
P.O. Box 45247
Salt Lake City, UT 84145-0247
- Fax: (801) 526-4391
- Phone: (801) 526-9235
How do I submit Child Support payments?
- Remit payments online
ORS Child Support Services
P.O. Box 45011
Salt Lake City, Utah 84145-0011
- Fax: (801) 536-8636
- Phone: (801) 536-8500
- Email: email@example.com
Get A Quote For Utah Payroll Services